The ApprenticeshipNC Advisory Council is a 13-member group composed of four representatives each from employer and employee organizations, three representatives from the public at large, and one ex officio member each from the N.C. Department of Public Instruction and N.C. Department of Commerce.
Responsibilities of the council
- Aid the State Board of Community Colleges and the NC Community College System Office in formulating policies pertaining to apprenticeship.
- Establish standards for apprentice agreements.
- Recommend rules and regulations to the State Board of Community Colleges.
- Perform other functions as directed by the State Board.
- Employer Representatives
- Roger Collins, Siemens Energy Inc.
- Robert Earnhardt, Superior Tooling Inc.
- Michael Taylor, Cummins Inc.
- Tammy Simmons, Machine Specialties Inc.
- Employee Representatives
- Sara Breeggemann, ABC of the Carolinas
- Rebecca Axford, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Evelio Martinez, Mechanical Trades Carolina
- Public at Large
- Danielle Swain, Nutrien
- John Loyack, Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina
- Debra Derr, N.C. Chamber of Commerce
- Ex Officio
- Cheryl Cox, NC Department of Public Instruction
- Jessica Englert, NC Department of Commerce