The ApprenticeshipNC Advisory Council is a 13-member group composed of four representatives each from employer and employee organizations, three representatives from the public at large, and one ex officio member each from the N.C. Department of Public Instruction and N.C. Department of Commerce.
Responsibilities of the council
- Aid the State Board of Community Colleges and the NC Community College System Office in formulating policies pertaining to apprenticeship.
- Establish standards for apprentice agreements.
- Recommend rules and regulations to the State Board of Community Colleges.
- Perform other functions as directed by the State Board.
- Employer Representatives
- Michael Taylor, Cummins Inc.
- Robert Earnhardt, Superior Tooling Inc.
- Tammy Simmons, Machine Specialties Inc.
- Employee Representatives
- Evelio Martinez, Mechanical Trades Carolina
- Rebecca Axford, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Sara Breeggemann, ABC of the Carolinas
- Public at Large
- Danielle Swain, Nutrien
- Debra Derr, N.C. Chamber of Commerce
- John Loyack, Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina
- Ex Officio
- Cheryl Cox, NC Department of Public Instruction
- Cheston Mottershead, NC Department of Commerce