Build a skilled workforce with a registered apprenticeship program ... more
- Monday, November 15, 2021 - 6:00 AM to Sunday, November 21, 2021 - 5:00 AM
Upcoming Events in North Carolina celebrating NAW include the following:
- Monday, Nov. 15, 2021
- ApprenticeshipNC will kick off NAW on its social media platforms.
- Catawba Valley Community College, Canella Heating and Air, Sonoco, Renwood Mills, Catawba Valley Medical Center, Catawba Pediatrics, Geiger Furniture, Hickory Business Furniture and Sherrill Furniture will visit apprentices in the area and recognize them with a “Swag Bag” to show their appreciation.
- Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2021
- N.C. Manufacturing Apprenticeship Graduation Ceremony, Wayne Community College, Goldsboro, 10 a.m.
- Apprenticeship Cleveland Graduation and Signing Ceremony, Keeter Auditorium, 6 p.m.
- IT Apprenticeship Employer Recruitment Event sponsored by Forsyth Technical Community College and Goodwill of Northwest NC.
- Guilford Apprenticeship Partners (GAP) will host a community night for rising juniors and seniors to learn about apprenticeship opportunities with the 30 companies that represent the GAP consortium, 5 p.m., 1921 West Gate City Blvd, (The Terrace), Greensboro.
- Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021
- McDowell High School Signing Ceremony for early childhood pre-apprentices, 9 a.m.—to 10:30 a.m.
- GuilfordWorks Business Services Staff is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: Gear Up- Adult Specialized Apprenticeship Program Employer Interest Meeting, 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada), Join Zoom Meeting, https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88548400016?pwd=RlY4S2Q4Z1JYTzBTcTNUc01DWHE0QT09 Meeting ID: 885 4840 0016Passcode: 674083
- Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021
- Gaston Community College hosting an “All Apprenticeship Meeting and Panel Discussion” 8:30 a.m.
- Nehemiah Community Empowerment Center Apprenticeship Awards Ceremony, 7 p.m.: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/apprenticeship-awards-ceremonyinterest-meeting-the-nehemiah-center-tickets-205231421707
- Western Piedmont Community College will host a signing ceremony with three partner employers to celebrate its first registered apprenticeship programs for electrical systems and Industrial maintenance controls.
- Friday, Nov. 19, 2021
- Apprenticeship NC will celebrate the week of events on social media.
- Apprentices with the Apprenticeship Catawba Consortium will volunteer at Eastern Catawba Cooperative Christian Ministry in Newton followed by a special luncheon to recognize all apprentices.
Promotional Materials: Logos and media tool kits to help you promote your events are provided by Apprenticeship.gov. Please use #NAW2021 when promoting your events on social media and remember to tag ApprenticeshipNC so we can share your events with our followers.
The 7th annual National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) will take place November 15 - 21, 2021. NAW is a nationwide celebration where industry, labor, equity, workforce, education, and government leaders host events to showcase the successes and value of Registered Apprenticeship for re-building our economy, advancing racial and gender equity, and supporting underserved communities. NAW is an opportunity to highlight how Registered Apprenticeship, a proven and industry-driven training model, provides a critical talent pipeline that can help to address some of our nation’s pressing workforce challenges such as responding to critical supply chain demands and supporting a clean energy workforce, modernizing our cybersecurity response, addressing public health issues, and rebuilding our country’s infrastructure.