Build a skilled workforce with a registered apprenticeship program ... more
RALEIGH, N.C. – The State Board of Community Colleges this month appointed five new members to the ApprenticeshipNC Advisory Council and reappointed one member.
The board appointed the following new council members to three-year terms effective Jan. 1:
- Tammy Simmons, vice president of marketing and culture for Machine Specialties Inc. in Whitsett.
- Michael Taylor, skilled trade coordinator with Cummins Inc. in Rocky Mount.
- Danielle Swain, employee development specialist with Nutrien in Aurora.
- Debra Derr, director of government affairs for the North Carolina Chamber.
- Jessica Englert, assistant secretary of workforce solutions for the N.C. Department of Commerce.
The board also approved the reappointment of Sara Breeggemann, director of workforce development with Charlotte-based Associated Builders and Contractors of the Carolinas, to a three-year term.
The 13-member council’s responsibilities include aiding the State Board and the North Carolina Community College System Office in formulating policies pertaining to apprenticeship, establishing standards for apprentice agreements, and recommending apprenticeship-related rules and regulations to the State Board.
Information about the council is available at https://www.apprenticeshipnc.com/advisory-council.